Fix 0xc00007b Error in Windows : 0xc00007b – it’s a very common error and the users are very familiar with this type of error. This error can pop up due to various reasons. But, one of the very common reasons this one can create this error “0xc00007b application failed to start correctly”. It’s a 32-bit app and it’s designed to work smoothly on a 32-bit system but, this can also run properly on 64-bit system as well. To get rid of the 0xc00007b error, one can find a number of solutions to try including re-installing DirectX and .NET framework. This error may also occur on 64-bit OS (operating systems) when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not configured properly.
Before getting to know the resolving steps you should know about DirectX and .NET framework. Go through the below mentioned facts to get some brief knowledge about these.
Microsoft DirectX is a bunch of application programming interfaces to handle tasks related to multimedia, especially game programming and video, for Microsoft.
The .NET Framework
It’s a programming foundation generated by Microsoft for building, deploying and running applications and services that are used by .NET technologies, like desktop applications and Web services.
Also Read :
- SpyBot Search And Destroy Error 5
- Driver Power State Failure Windows 10
- svchost.exe netsvcs Memory leak
It contains three major parts:
The Common Language Runtime The Framework Class Library ASP.NET
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package – Microsoft Visual C++ is an integrated development environment (IDE) used to build Windows applications in the C, C++, and C++/CLI programming languages.
Easily Fix 0xc00007b Error in Windows
Now, go through the below mentioned ways to resolve this error which you are facing:-
- Reboot your system
- Some time if the application fails to start correctly than it error may occur. So, by rebooting your system you can get rid of this.
- Update Windows
- When you update windows, the contained bug fixes and enhance the OS(operating system). So, by updating the OS you can resolve the problem.
- If the above mentioned processes doesn’t bring any fruitful result than, you may have to reinstall Direct X /or .NET Framework
- Reinstall .NET Framework– Reinstalling this .NET Framework might solve this error
- Download the latest .NET Framework.
- Go to the downloaded location
- Install the .NET Framework
- Restart the system
- Reinstall Direct X – This should also fix the error
- First, open Windows Explorer
- Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
- Locate and delete these files: “xinput1_1.dll”, “xinput1_2.dll”, “xinput1_3.dll” and xinput1_*.dll.
- After deleting, go to Microsoft DirectX download to download the DirectX suitable version for your OS of Windows
- Install Directx.
- After the installation is complete, reboot the system.
- Try to run the game application as admin
- Follow the mentioned steps to run the application as admin to resolve the error
- Right click on the application and select Properties
- Open the Compatibilitytab
- the ‘Run this program as an administrator‘ box and click on OK
- Re-install the game/app- First uninstall and then reinstall the application to avoid this error
- Try to run the game/app in compatibility mode (Windows 10)
- Right-click on an app to Properties
- Then, select the Compatibility tab and, then check the box next to “Run this program in compatibility mode for”
- After that, select the version of Windowsto use for your app’s settings in the drop-down box
- Then, click Apply button
- Update the display drivers of your computer- Sometimes updating display driver can also fix the error issue. Follow the steps to solve the issue.
- First, press Windows key + Xand select Device Manager
- Search for Display Adapters
- Right click on the display driver and select Update driver software
- Sometime this problem may appear due to the problems. Microsoft regularly brings latest discoveries holes, adds malware definitions to its “Windows Defender and Security Essential utilities”. Through downloading those you can install the missing drivers an update the outdated ones like graphic card drivers.
- Installing Microsoft Visual C++ can also help. Because this error message happens on operating systems when the Microsoft Visual C++ package is not correctly configured. Download the 32 bit and 64 bit of Microsoft Visual C++ and install them to resolve the error.
- This error can also occur because of registry corruptions. When the Windows registry gets damaged then the PC may display this kind of errors. To fix registry corruption and to repair it you should use Windows Registry Repair Tool. This application is designed to deal with any types of corruptions and refresh the registry of your PC so that, it can start performing very fast. Follow the steps to do so.
- Download the PC repair tool and install it
- Then scan the PC
- Click on “Fix Errors” to fix the issue and you are done
These solutions should help you to fix 0xc00007b Error. By following these above mentioned steps you might get rid of the error you are facing and can enjoy the system or application trouble free.