As people download windows 10 and do few experiments with Windows 10, they have found a lot to admire, but also found a constant problem with sound. A number of audio issues affected the latest Windows 10.It is one of the most common complaints, leaving people disappointed and unable to play videos, songs, use certain apps, or hear something at all from their speakers.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Audio Services Not Responding Error?
- 2 Steps to Fix Audio Services Not Responding in Windows 10
What is Audio Services Not Responding Error?
Error message you got on your screen regarding sound issue is-
- Audio Services Not Responding
That is not fun at all, especially when you are learning to access new operating system, so let’s do some troubleshooting for experience. Here are the ways you can fix Windows 10 audio issues to remove the weird sound of silence.
The common audio problems on Windows 10 are:
- Any sound of the computer is not audible.
- Interruption of sound is there or play abnormally.
- After upgrade to Windows 10 no HDMI sound is audible.
- No response of Computer crashes, restarts when playing sound.
- The error message is received when you are trying to play a sound, like WAV sound playback error detected. The CD audio device is used by some other application, MIDI output error detected. No other device is being installed that can play files in the current format.
- In Windows 10 headphones are not working.
- For windows 10 bootcamp sound is not working.
Reason Behind No Sound on Windows 10 64-bit or 32-bit PC’s?
The reason for no sound problem in Windows 10 is mainly caused by following issues-
- During Windows 10 update, the audio driver may get damaged or removed.Windows 10 update would result in deletion of any apps or drivers that are not compatible with it.
- The outdated audio driver or the sound card driver might be the reason and it can’t work properly.
- An unintended change and no fluctuation in the sound settings when installing Windows 10.
Note: Here an audio card driver refers to a sound card driver.
Therefore, the essential and key point is to fix the Windows 10 sound card driver or modifications in the sound settings.
Steps to Fix Audio Services Not Responding in Windows 10
There are the 3 best solutions to fix this audio problem issue on Windows 10. These are applied to laptops, desktops and many more.
1. Install the Best-matched Sound Driver on Windows 10
Whenever we got this no audio issue on our computer, the first and the most important step is to check if the sound driver is compatible with Windows 10 or not. After analyzing, later try to install a similar driver.
We have seen few users have installed the audio driver from the OEM or sound card manufacturer in hope of it will work but it still doesn’t work. The reason behind not working of this that the driver you install is not working properly.
To solve this, try and search for various tools on internet. These tools can help you to check if the audio driver is the main problem or not, and install the best-matched audio driver that can work properly on your Windows 10 without any interruption.
2. Modify the Speakers Properties
If we install the proper audio driver this audio problem issue can be fixed. If we’ve done so but still same thing is repeating, try to modify the speaker’s properties.
- Just Right-click on the sound icon. You will find it at the bottom right hand corner of the taskbar. Now, select “Playback Devices”.
- Now, double-click on Speakers under the Playback tab. They are automatically selected by default.
- Now Go to Advanced tab under Speakers Properties. Make appropriate changes depending on the speaker configuration.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save the changes. Now you can check for sound play on your device.
3. Go to Device Manager to Fix Audio Problem Issue
We can go to the Device Manager to uninstall the sound driver and then reinstall the sound driver.
- Click on Start Menu, search for Device Manager and open it.
- Click on “>Sound and audio devices” option.
- Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.
- Click on “Scan for hardware changes” to update the sound driver to the new version.
We can try any one of the top 3 troubleshoot solutions to solve the audio services problem in Windows 10. If you still get the same problem, please let us know by leaving it in the comment. We will try our best to help you out. Share it with your friends if u find it useful.