Driver Power State Failure Windows 10 : Windows 10 is the most recent operating system by Microsoft. Being the most recent OS, it is full of different bugs and errors. One such error is the driver power state failure. You’re probably here because you have encountered the same error and are not able to find a solution for the same. Well, your search for how to solve driver power state failure error on window 10 is over as in this article we would be telling you the easiest way to do so.
Why does driver power state failure occur?
Before we go ahead and find out how to solve this error, it is important to know beforehand why does this error occurs. Usually driver power state failure occurs when your PC or laptop goes to sleep mode wile you are still using it. In such cases, Windows 10 sends a wake signal to the device, if there is no response by the device to the signal in a specified time then Windows will flag it as a driver power state failure. The main cause of this error is said to be the driver itself or some other power settings. Sometimes outdated drivers or in some scenarios incompatible drivers cause this problem. Let’s get into how it can be fixed known as Driver Power State Failure Windows 10.
You may even see the driver power state failure error while trying to upgrade to Windows 10. The error screen looks similar to BSOD but make sure you don’t get confused between the two.
How to solve Driver Power State Failure Windows 10 ?
The easy way to solve this error is to uninstall the drivers which you think might be causing the problem. In short, all you have to do is to boot your PC in safe mode, uninstall the drivers and then reboot into normal mode. If you are not well versed with booting into safe mode or uninstalling drivers then don’t worry as we will be telling you how to do all of it step by step.
Also read :
- How Do I Sync My Settings in Windows 10?
- Defer upgrades in Windows 10
- svchost.exe netsvcs Memory leak
How to enter safe mode in Windows 10?
The very first step to solve driver power state failure is to boot your device into safe mode. Without booting into safe mode, you won’t be able to do anything. Follow the steps mentioned below to boot into safe mode:
Method 1: If your PC isn’t able to boot
- Reboot your PC, you will see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen. On that screen, click on Advanced Options. You will now enter the Windows Recovery Environment.
- In windows recovery mode, click on troubleshoot.
- Now click on advanced options> Startup settings
- Click on restart and then press Num 4 on your keyboard.
Method 2: If your PC is able to boot
- If your PC is able to boot properly the press Windows key + R to initiate the run prompt. Once you do this, a dialog box will appear.
- In the Run prompt type “msconfig” without quotes and press Okay.
- This will now open the system configuration box.
- Click on Boot Tab and then click on Safe Boot to check it.
- Now click on restart. This will reboot the system in safe mode.
How to solve driver power state failure windows 10 error?
Since you already know what causes this error you are now ready to solve it. To solve the error, you need to boot into safe mode (Steps mentioned above) and then uninstall the problematic drivers.
- After booting into safe mode, press Win+R
- Now type devmgmt.msc and press OK
- Click on the arrow to expand all the drivers.
- Now identify all the drivers that have a yellow sign with them
- Right click on such drivers and then click on uninstall.
- This will uninstall the drivers that were causing problems. You have to do this with all the drivers to solve the issue.
That’s it! After uninstalling all the drivers which were causing problem you should be good to go. It must be noted that you need to install proper drivers afterwards to prevent any problems in the future. Also you should only uninstall the drivers in Safe Mode.
If you encountered any problem while following this solution for driver power state failure on Windows 10 then do let us know in the comments section below and we will try out best to solve it.